Screenocean's One Search platform allows you to seach across all represented archives in one place. If you need help, please follow the steps below.
Reuters.screenocean.com, licensing.screenocean, and clipsandfootage.com all provide self-service licensing to footage from their respective archives.
A basic search will use the key term entered to search through metadata fields associated to each archived record and return results on a hitlist page.
To perform a basic search:
- Enter a search term into the search bar.
- Press the search icon or hit return on your keyboard to perform the search query.
- The results will be returned on a search results page.
- Filter the results by selecting the fields on the left side of the page.
- Use the 'Sort by' drop down filter at the top of the page to display the results by date/relevancy.
- Use the page numbers and the 'Next' and 'Last' links at the top and bottom of the page to browse more pages if more than one page of results is retrieved.
To perform a more advanced search:
- "" Use quotation marks to search for the exact phrase only
- OR will retrieve results where either of the words appear in the metadata
- AND will retrieve only the records that contain both words
- NOT will return records that do contain the search term
To save searches:
- Click on the icon at the top of the search results page.
- Give your saved search a title and click ‘Save’.
To view a record, simply click on the thumbnail or title for the record you wish to view.
When viewing a record you can view the media, see all the metadata, view image frames taken from the media and add the record to a collection.
To view media:
- Click on the 'play' button in the media player.
- Video or audio can be paused using the pause button in the media player.
- Video or audio can be scrubbed forwards and backwards by clicking and dragging on the time bar or using shortcut keys.
- The volume can be muted using the 'Mute' button in the video player.
- Use the ‘full screen’ button to view the media in full screen.
To view the media frames for a record:
- Select the 'Frames' tab below the main media window towards the bottom of the page.
- Select the desired frames interval by clicking on any one of the second interval tabs.
- Use the page numbers and the 'Next' and 'Last' at the top and bottom of the Frame area to browse through if more than one page of frames are available.
- Media can be played back from a specific frame in the main media window by simply clicking on the desired frame.
Under 'Your account', you will be able to manage your saved collections in 'Your collections' or requested downloads in 'Your orders'. You can drag and drop these windows to suit your view. The link to update your contact details can also be located in 'Your account'.
'Your collections' can be used to create collections of clips and/or full records which are stored together under any given title. Any number of collections can be created and any number of clips and/or full records can be added to a collection, you can also rename each collection and save individual notes for each collection.
Once collection has been created it can be viewed, shared edited or deleted.
To share a collection click on the icon and make the collection 'Public' or enter the email address of the person you you wish to share it with. They will receieve email notification that you have shared the collcetion wtih them.
By defualt all the collection you create are 'Private' unless you make them 'Public'.
Should you require any further assistance then please contact email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1954 262 052.